This day was a Sunday jaunt over towards Grafham Water to finish off a couple of bits of circuits I’d missed out on before – the Woolley Mammoth and the S2E2. So the area I needed to cache in lay between the villages of Grafham and Ellington. Some of the parts of these two series that I was missing were caused by a previous failure, at the end of 2013 – not because of inability to find caches or lack of time, but by the fact that the battery failed in my phone. It was that event that prompted me to switch to use of a “proper” handheld GPS.
Back at the plot, it was a fairly easy walk around, and when I’d finished I decided I’d go to do a few more around the village of Grafham. I didn’t spend long here though, because I started losing the will to live after a couple of misses and a couple of less than pleasant searching experiences.
Never mind, they can’t all be brilliant days, I guess.
The caches I found were :
- S2E2 #67 – Ten Foot Higher
- S2E2 Between 61 & 69 #1 – Downhill
- S2E2 Between 61 & 69 #2 – Hedgey
- S2E2 Between 61 & 69 #3 – Make a Break For It
- S2E2 Between 61 & 69 #4 – Leap of Faith
- The Missing Link 1 – Pole Dancer
- The Missing Link 2 – Back to School
- The Missing Link 3 – Back to Base
- The Missing Link 4 – The End is Nigh
- The Woolley Mammoth 34 – Yet Another Bridge?
- The Woolley Mammoth 35 – Roland
- The Woolley Mammoth 36 – Bigun in the Wood.
- The Woolley Mammoth 37 – There’s Only One Place ..
- The Woolley Mammoth 38 – Cut The Corner
- The Woolley Mammoth 39 – Deadwood
- The Woolley Mammoth 40 – It WAS 20 Foot of Ivy
- Trigtastic #22 – Grafham
- VS #213 – Grafham
- Woolley Mammoth Something #2 – Peppa’s Pond
- Woolley Mammoth Something #3 – Polish Immigrant
- Woolley Mammoth Someting #1 – Woody Farm Equipment