Ye Olde Survey Monuments (GC45CC) is a travelling geocache that is owned by outforthehunt. The cache moves around the country and you could be looking for a specific survey monument, pillar, surface block, rivet or bolt.
It’s a little like trigpointing (see www.trigpointinguk.com ) except you can only log ones where the owner of the cache has randomly moved the YOSM cache to it.
It moves a couple of times a month, though, so there’s always plenty to go at.
So far, I have attempted the following Survey Monuments in the series :
- YSM006 Roedean Road in East Sussex
- YSM009 Buckland FBM in Oxfordshire
- YSM021 Marsden Bay in South Shields
- YSM037 Fleetwood in Lancashire
- YSM069 Dunstable Down in Bedfordshire
- YSM081 Badbury Hill in Oxfordshire
- YSM178 Clipper Down in Buckinghamshire
- YSM195 Parklands in Great Linford, Milton Keynes
- YSM239 Castle Mound in Totternhoe Bedfordshire
- YSM313 Shakespeare’s Cliff in Dover, Kent
- YSM349 Bill of Portland in Dorset – This one is no longer visible. Someone buried it beneath some tarmac
- YSM468 Robin Hill in Derbyshire
- YSM484 Silverstone in Northamptonshire
- YSM512 Raunds in Northamptonshire
- YSM514 Hatley Wilds in Cambridgeshire
- YSM537 Tushingham in Cheshire
- YSM549 Salcey Forest in Northamptonshire
- YSM593 Bow Brickhill in Milton Keynes
- YSM598 Snowdon Summit in Gwynedd
- YSM676 Beacon Hill in Buckinghamshire